First I traced the image onto watercolour paper. I then masked out the flowers. I wet the whole of the background area and dropped in various colours. I try to put the same colours in the back ground as I intend to use on the flowers. This will give your painting harmony.
Step 2: I started painting the space shapes/Negative shapes in a mid tone.
Step 3: I removed the masking fluid and added a deeper tone to the spaces inbetween the leaves to give more counterchange in the colour contrast. Then I painted the flowers in Ultra marine blue with a touch of Opera Rose. Which is a vibrant pink. Hope you like it.